The best word to describe this salad is ‘refreshing’. The lemon and dill in the avocado dressing complement the crispy roasted potatoes perfectly. You can boil the potatoes like a traditional potato salad, but I promise that roasting them will be worth it!
(recipe adapted from “The Oh She Glows Cookbook” by Angela Liddon)
1 1/2 – 2 pounds mixed colour mini potatoes, chopped in half (or quarters if they’re on the larger side)
3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
3/4 teaspoon seasoning spice blend
1 bunch asparagus, non-edible part removed, chopped into bite sized pieces
1 small avocado
2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
1.4 cup hemp seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 425F.
2. In a bowl, toss potatoes with about half of the olive oil, and spice blend until evenly covered. Spread potatoes in an even layer on one baking sheet and roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
3. While the potatoes are getting started, toss the asparagus with the remaining oil and spice blend. Spread in an even layer on another baking sheet.
4. When the 15 minutes are up on the potatoes, flip them over and put them back in the oven along with the tray of asparagus and cook for another 15 minutes.
5. While everything is cooking, prepare the dressing. In a food processor or high speed blender combine avocado, dill, lemon juice, and salt and pepper and process until smooth.
6. Mix everything together and cool in the fridge. Prior to serving sprinkle with hemp seeds.