I am honoured that Kasey from Plein Vanity nominated my blog for a Leibster Award. I had to look it up, to be honest, but here’s the skinny: The Leibster Award recognises the effort and passion we fellow bloggers have and brings attention to new blogs to keep the word going. Along with the nomination you must answer the questionnaire given to you by your nominator, nominate 5-10 other blogs with under 200 followers and notify those nominees and then create a questionnaire for them to answer.
Without further ado, here is what Kasey wanted to know:
1) Why were you inspired to start your blog? – Exploring green beauty and living was something I always had on the back burner, but when I got very sick in April I finally had the time (read: energy to do anything else) to start reading up on it. One book and I was hooked! I was devouring the information but wanted a way to organise it. Plus, I always look up reviews and such on the web before purchasing something, so I though I’d contribute to that pool of resources if I could.
2) Describe your daily beauty routine. – My beauty routine is special kinds of high maintenance. I have a schedule of masks and facial treatments in my phone, no word of a lie. Daily, I cleanse in the morning with Pai’s creamy cleanser, tone with witch hazel and rose water, and then apply my own diy face oil (recipe). After putting on my makeup (which usually consists of a little blush, bronzer, a colourful eye and some gloss) I layer on Jane Iredale’s powder sunscreen. At night I remove my makeup with jobjoba oil, cleanse, tone and moisturize again with my facial oil. I mask several times a week and exfoliate at least once a week but no more than twice.
3) If you could relive a certain memory in your life what would it be and why? – This may come off as pretentious and cheesy but the most moving experience I have ever had in my life was when I was in Madagascar with my sister and we were hiking in a national park and our guide took us to a place where a family of indri (the largest species of lemur) were spending time hanging out in the trees ‘singing’ to each other. If you have a chance, please youtube indri calls. They makes sounds like whale song; it was loud, penetrating, and the most beautiful organic sound I have ever experienced. Everyone in our group was moved to tears.
4) How would you describe your fashion style? – I like to follow trends in magazines, but interpret them to ‘normal’ fashion. My city is somewhat on the conservative side, so following the current trends of massive tops, bushy brows and vibrant under eye makeup would not be well received. So an understated trendy style with the majority of my closet items being contemporary staples.
5) Do you have a beauty product you are dying to try or a beauty brand you lust after? – May Lidstrom. Hands down. Anything and everything in the product line.
6) What is your must-have beauty product? – I wouldn’t go anywhere without my sunscreen. I want to look 50 when I’m 70, that’s all I’m sayin’.
7) Who is your celebrity inspiration and why? – Michael J. Fox. He’s overcome so much in his life, and has done such great things for Parkinson’s research. It’s sad, but true that our society really needs celebrity backing for good fundraising. Either that or massive media attention/people directly affected.
8) What is the most unusual or strange beauty product or fashion trend you have ever tried? – That treatment when you stick your feet in the water and have all of those tiny little fish come in and attack your feet for dead skin. First of all, eww, and second of all I’m ridiculously tickle-ish. Enough said.
9) If you could meet anyone dead or alive who would it be and why? – Again, a little cheesy, but I’d want to meet Ghandi. If I could achieve just a fraction of the inner peace he possessed…
10) Describe your perfect vacation. – My perfect vacation involves traveling to somewhere I have never been, immersing myself in the local culture, getting fat and happy on local food, and spending time exploring the nature and history of the country. My most memorable and enjoyable vacations have been this way. I’m not exactly a lie on the beach somewhere for a week kind of girl.
Thanks again, Kasey!
I am going to nominate:
The Bikini Gardener bikinigardener.wordpress.com
Cortney Stanchfield from My Gluten Free Life http://www.cortneystanchfield.wordpress.com
Empty Spoonful emptyspoonful.com
Journey with AS journeywithas.wordpress.com
Here’s what I’d like to know:
1. Why did you start your blog and how long have you been blogging for?
2. What is the most adventerous thing you have ever done?
3. What is the most beautiful place you have ever been to and why? Pictures??
4. What is one goal that you have that you are working to achieve?
5. What is your favourite season and why?
6. If you could live in another decade which one would you choose and why?
7. If money was no object where would you travel to and why?
8. What is the most recent compliment you have received and treasured and why?
9. What is the best book that you have read recently?
10. What’s your favourite quote?
I hope that you guys have fun with it! I know I did. 🙂 Thanks again, Kasey!